Omaha Culinary and Hospitality Scholarships.Org
The Scholarship Program of the Omaha Restaurant Association Foundation
We offer scholarships for post secondaryl education in the fields of Culinary Arts and Hospitality. The award is sent to the college of your choice and can be used for tuition, books and culinary tools.
Award recipients are chosen by a review of applications for these two categories:
1. Awards are made annually for financial need. Seven $700 need-based scholarships are awarded.
2. Awards are made annually for scholarship. Five $1000 academic scholarships are awarded.
One must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the any of these scholarships:
1. Be a resident, or plan to be a resident, of the Omaha Metro area.
2. Be attending, or planning to attend, a post-secondary school's Culinary Arts or Hospitality Program. Attendance means that the student must take at least 6 credit hours (part-time) per semester to qualify.
3. Character, goals, behavior, experience in the food industry, and previous culinary or food classes (high school and/or college), will all be factors considered in the awarding of scholarships.
4. Need is considered for Need Based Scholarships, and Academic achievement for the Academic Based Scholarships.
What You Need To Do
2. Enclose one letter of reference. This may include counselors, CURRENT teachers - especially culinary, people in the food industry, your employer, etc. (Do not include family members.)
3. Attach a copy of your transcript from the last school attended, or have your school send the transcript directly to the address below.
4. Mail your completed application to the following address:
5050 O Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68117
The application must be submitted or postmarked no later than March 18, 2013.
Note to distributors of this application: please do not use any old forms. Revised: January 2013